Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Abu Dhabi "Housewife"

While writing a post for today, that you will most likely read in the near future, my husband asked me if I had checked out the top story in today's National, our local newspaper. As I read the article, several parts felt as though I myself had been interviewed, because I had a lot of "me too" moments. Given that recently, I've been approached by several readers interested in making the jump of moving to the UAE, I think sharing today's insightful piece by Helena Frith Powell from the National is a better suited post.  Ms. Powell tackles the subject of the trailing spouse with six different expats that, like me, exchanged careers in their homeland for the title of housewife on their residency visa. You can click here for the story.


6 comments:

Kiley said...

You're amazing. A move like this must be so life changing! Your blog is really interesting, thanks for the follow! Following you back

tetah said...

Thanks for the follow cris. i just want to try this thing and also to keep me busy as well. I'm always reading your blogs.

Heather said...

What an amazing adventure! Cute name too. I would love it if you would check out my blog and follow! http://lovelybeautifulsmiles.blogspot.com

A Healing Reality said...

I am new to your blog and just wanted to say hi. I can't wait to hear more about your experiences in
Abu Dhabi.

Unknown said...

Hey fellow-Virginian! We just moved from Bahrain to Abracadrabra as the little one calls it. We have lived in M.E. (Kuwait, Saudi, Bahrain) for almost 8 years and I love it!!

YABBA DHABI DOOOOO! said...

Welcome to Abra..I mean Abu Dhabi! :)